So, I’ve been seeing some pretty unsuccessful ways people have been trying to spread their message. And often times it gets lost in translation. And I mean LOOOOOST. To the point that I read a post several times and my final thoughts are “… huh?”
You don’t need that. You don’t want that. You gotta fix that.
Because if people aren’t understanding your message, you’re not getting ANYWHERE.
Today you’ll learn six ways to make sure your message is clear and compelling enough that you can’t be ignored!
I always like to include a free resource for you in all my trainings. This week it’s The Top 5 Ways Female Entrepreneurs Hurt Their Brand Without Even Knowing It! In this FREE download, I’ll show you the five key ways female entrepreneurs undermine their own brand by accident, and even more important: how to stop doing it. Are you ready? Click here to download now!
Six Ways To Make Your Message More Compelling That People Can’t Ignore You
People don’t share facts…
So before I get to the six tips to get your message out there successfully, we gotta quickly chat about platforms. There are a TON of social media platforms that you could be working on, but what you need to remember is that you don’t have to be on ALL of them. In fact, trying to be on all of them can hinder your success.
Well because you’re splitting your time and energy to being vaguely present on all these different platforms. And here’s the thing- they all work DIFFERENTLY. Which means you can’t just do the same thing on all of them. That’s how you get all spammy on accident. You gotta understand the platforms you are on. You gotta know the rules and practices before you start to master them.
I mean, I’m on LinkedIn and Instagram, but I do NOT work them. I have little understanding of them, so I don’t want to necessarily spread my time out to learn how to rock those platforms. I mean, I am KILLIN it on Facebook. Facebook is my JAM. Therefore, I’m going to continue spending my time making sure my Facebook presences is alive and well. And the only way to do that is if I focus 100% of my time and energy on Facebook, rather than giving 50% of it to Facebook, 25% to LinkedIn, and 25% to Instagram.
… They share emotions.
Once you’ve narrowed your time and energy on one or maybe two platforms, it’s time to make sure your message is coming across CLEARLY. So, I’m going to share with you six ways to make sure it’s clear and compelling enough to draw people in no matter what!
- Be relevant. You’ve GOT to resonate to your audience. And that doesn’t mean you need to be complex or be full of things to do or say. In fact, that might just make everything an even bigger mess. Be simple and be real. I share stories and make sure people realize that I’m just like them.
- Personalize your message. People are not stupid, okay? They’re gonna know when they’re just being sold to and no one actually likes that. So take a second to make sure that you are giving people the opportunity to KNOW you. Don’t just post business posts. Add some details of you and your life. Let people get to know your likes and dislikes. You always have to aim for the know, like, and trust factor. That’s what’s gonna get you those sales.
- Tell Stories. Draw people in with your stories or start a post with “Once upon a time…” You disarm people with a story. They’re gonna put their guard down, so they can hear about you and what you have to share. Again, stories help people get to know you before you slam them with a sale.
- Talk about emotions. People buy emotionally. For example, I am OBSESSED with shoes. Like no joke. I might have hundreds and I’m not even mad about it. But don’t you dare think that the next time I go into Nordstrom and I see the CUUUTEST heels, I’m not gonna buy them. Of course, I’m going to buy them. Why? Because of how I felt when I saw them. They made me feel happy or sexy or just put a smile on my face. So yeah, they’re coming home with Mama. Next time charge your words with emotion. Think about what it is about your product, business, or opportunity that is going to hit emotionally?
- Practice curiosity marketing. Humans are curious by nature and you have virtually 7 seconds to grab someone’s attention. So, make sure you have a compelling title! Here’s the formula I often like to use- How to ______ without ______. Basically, it triggers a question without actually asking a question. Although I didn’t use this formula with this post if I had, it would be something like How to make your message more compelling without being pushy. I think you get where I’m going with this.
- Answer- What’s in it for me? You have GOT to put yourself in your audience’s shoes. I mean, they’re gonna be thinking
1. What’s in it for me?
2. How is this going to help me?
3. How does this benefit me?
So if you can’t figure that out, take a look around your house and pick an object, then ask yourself those 3 questions. You’ll start to get a hang of it and be able to answer those questions when they arrive later.
In The End…
If you remember that you are communicating with people and that they are a box of emotions, you’ll be able to connect with them more. You’ve got to remember that they need to know they can trust you and that you are someone just like them, so let your own guard down and let people get to know who YOU are…not just your products or business. We are social and curious creatures, play your cards right and you’ll see success roll in like a nice summer’s breeze.
Don’t forget! I also have close to 300 totally FREE video trainings for you plug into on my Facebook page!
Want to connect personally? Send me a message on Facebook! I love hearing from other ROCKSTAR business owners like yourself 😊