E-RYT 50, C-IAYT
Through my work with yoga, I have found ways of dealing with depression, self-doubt, and anxiety. The simple process of noticing when these issues come up begins the process of overcoming. Ignoring things does not work but finding simple ways to care for your body and balance out the thoughts of the mind can improve your life. Yoga, in all its forms, can go a long way in finding ways to deal with all the things we are confronted with day by day.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Virginia Commonwealth University in 1985.
- Initial 300 hour training at Sun & Moon Yoga Studio in Virginia in 2006
- Inner Peace Yoga Therapy 500-hour teacher training in 2011. Areas of study included Yoga for Depression, Grief, Recovery, Chronic pain, and yoga for the heart.
- Inner Peace Level 2 Yoga Therapy 100-hr, 2015. Mentoring modules in Pain, Cancer and Structural Yoga Therapy, & Ayurveda.
- C-IAYT from the International Association of Yoga Therapists means I have completed over 1000 hours of training and mentoring to meet the requirements to be certified as a therapist.
- E-RYT 500 means I am Yoga Alliance Certified The 500 indicates I have had 500 hours of training for teaching yoga and the “e” stands for having over 1000 hours of teaching experience.
- Yoga Alliance Certified Education Provider (YACEP)
- Yoga Health Coach Training with
- Yogahealer teaching the 10 habits of Ayurveda
Pause, Reset, Refresh.