In honor of the new year upon us, my goal for all of you is to CRUSH IT in 2016 and make this your year. Move past the EXCUSES, doubt and fears and let’s get to the other side.
I’ve worked with thousands of people these past couple years. My wonderful, reluctant, overwhelmed but always resilient clients, who have made an enormous positive change in their lives and careers, while others can flat out fail. The good does outweigh the bad and it’s a heartwarming experience to watch lives unfold in astounding ways.
I’ve thought long and hard about what makes these individuals able to bring about dramatic change and why others don’t or won’t. People who are able to make life change have a sufficient dose of clarity, confidence, courage and commitment. Those four ingredients can make all the difference between a miserable life and a brilliant one.
The first thing you need to have is a commitment to you. Nobody else but you.
Change can be scary. It can hurt and make you nervous, but it can also be liberating and exciting. It’s all in the eye of the beholder. Get super clear on your goals, desires and your vision for your future and clarity will shine through.
You ARE worth success, You ARE confident, and You have MANY gifts to offer. You can create the life you want.
Can everyone do this? Yes, everyone CAN, but only a few WILL. Why won’t thousands of unhappy and unfulfilled people create the life they only dream about?
Because they make excuses. Millions and millions of excuses which happen in two ways, conscious and subconscious. Negative thoughts and beliefs that creep in can keep them from believing they are worthy of an amazing life or trusting they have what it takes to create it.
Here are a few of the most damaging excuses people make. Excuses, faulty reasoning, and destructive myths that keep people down and make their lives smaller, less joyful and rewarding than they ever need to be.
- I’m afraid of what I don’t know – Welcome to being human! The only way to have an enriching, exciting and fulfilled life is to stretch WAY out of your comfort zone and take on those challenges that make you nervous. Don’t allow your ego to get in the way of true happiness.
- I don’t have the money – If this is often used as your excuse, then there is a deeper rooted issue. Buried in your subconscious are thoughts from how we view money way back from our childhood. There are expressions we hear, “money doesn’t grow on trees,” “rich people are evil,” “do you think I’m made of money,” and here’s the biggest one, ”we can’t afford that.” There are many more, but here’s what I know. This is what can be stopping you from your BIG leap forward into success. Tt’s your $ block!
- What would people say if I did this? – Honestly…think about this statement. Are you going to allow other people control your future, possibilities, and achievements? Are other people going to pay your bills with their thoughts? Send your children to college? I understand this, but if you really want to GO FOR IT, you MUST block out the negativity surrounding you as much as possible. Know you ARE worth it!
- I’m not ready to do the work on myself to make a positive impact! – If this is your mindset frame then no need to go further. Making the decision is #1. Why do we fiercely resist change? If you want something different in your life, you must fight for it. It takes guts, courage, and tenacity. If you are unhappy, then you can’t sit there and have a pity party for yourself if you’re not willing to do the work.
- You are NOT your thoughts – Yes, this is a true statement. You are separate from your thoughts and emotions. The first step in the process of changing is to have an awareness. Why are these thoughts surfacing at this moment? Are you working on a really big project? Are you getting ready to pick up the phone and dial that BIG fish that’s been on your chicken list? Understanding is key here. Why are you feeling this way? Then once you realize that disassociate yourself from those thoughts and start speaking out POSITIVE affirmations. Recreate and reinforce a new awareness. You can STOP the vicious cycle and recondition your mindset muscle while being congruent in your actions.
Cheers to your success!
Did This Help You? If so, I would love to hear your thoughts below and please feel free to share.
Success Junkie Blog
P.S. Please make sure you grab my downloads including my “41 Powerful 1 Liners” to grab anyone’s attention.
P.P.S: Looking for a Mentor? Check out my “Private Coaching” tab and schedule a breakthrough session. Sessions are limited and book quickly so don’t procrastinate ☺